Thursday, May 3, 2018

Fulbright Hungary Student Conference 2018

Each year at the end of the academic year, all the Fulbright students gather together and present about their grants at a conference. We (students) are here for nine months, longer than scholars (whose are only a few months) so we do these presentations and our scholar friends all came to support us.

The nice thing about the presentations is that we can see what everyone has been doing for the past academic year. Everyone knows who is the mathematician and who is the economist, and I know fairly well what Tanya and Jasmine have been up to, but no one knows everyone that well, so it was nice to hear these 15-minute summaries.

Of course, as a "student" myself, I also presented. I talked about teaching my courses (which are almost done for the semester!) and what kinds of activities and assignments we do in class. I also talked about my work with EducationUSA -- the workshops, outreach fairs, newsletter, individual appointments, etc. I mentioned some success stories and some challenges, and even this blog!

Summarizing all of that helped me to realize how busy I have been this year -- it started slow, but now it has really picked up. Now, I rarely have a truly free day -- something is going on every day, and it's always different and usually interesting and/or fun. I have almost every day until the end of August, when I return home, planned out because the calendar is just that full. What a way to live! What excitement! Expect lots of blog posts.

Congratulations to all my fellow Fulbrighters, who have been doing such interesting and impactful work this year!

One of the scholars kindly took my photo while presenting (Proof!)

All of the presenters, plus beloved Fulbright staff member Annamaria in the middle.
 Next up: May Day weekend in Slovenia!

No comments:

Post a Comment