Monday, April 23, 2018

Photos: Szeged and Gyula



Things are happening faster than I can blog about them! This time, I'll let my photos speak for themselves. We recently had our monthly Fulbright excursion and we headed southeast, to the university city of Szeged and the spa town of Gyula, right on the Romanian border.


Behold! Szeged.
In Szeged, we went to a laser research lab. Our friendly tour guide showed us this model of the complex and then took us on a tour where we saw exactly zero lasers.

Here I am with a bust of  Eötvös Lorand, a famous Hungarian physicist. The university where I teach is named after him.

Creative and colorful way to accept that urban areas are not always perfect.

Enjoying traditional fish soup together.

My only photo of the fun bus ride we had.

The peaceful canals of Gyula, lined with weeping willows.

Tanya and I love Gyula!

Gyula is home to the most stereotypically castle-y looking castle that ever did exist.

Greetings from all of us at Fulbright Hungary! (photo credit: Tom Tobin)


Next up: Adventures in Belgium!

No comments:

Post a Comment