Saturday, December 2, 2017

Family Shenanigans, Part 2: A Wedding

"Wait, so you're flying home, working for two days, and then flying right back again?" my aunt asked me after Oma's birthday, with a look on her face that said that I clearly did not understand how to do vacation. But it's true; while the rest of my family continued on their road trip to the shore, across the Channel, and to London, I flew home to Budapest to teach for two days. Soon, though, I left my little apartment again, and met back up with the rest of the Schaefer-Shaws in London for an auspicious occasion: the marriage of my big brother to one of my oldest friends.

What a wedding it was! First of all, the venue was at a beautiful Georgian house, like something straight out of a Jane Austen novel, surrounded by beautiful gardens.



You know what else was amazing? The FOOD. Oh, my goodness. A wonderful three course dinner, culminating in an amazing sticky toffee pudding that I think I might have dreams about for years to come. And the cake! So light and fluffy, so flavorful, and none of that gross fondant icing -- just 100% delicious. And, later in the evening, after everyone had had time to digest dinner, suddenly little mini-baskets of fish and chips appeared! I stuffed my face.



 But the best part was being there to be a part of my big brother and my friend's big day. This was a long time in the making, and they have overcome many obstacles, and I know that they are going to be so happy together, and it was an honor to be present at their wedding. They are both such special people to me!

Three cheers to the happy couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment